Sunday, March 21, 2010

kidney,now!

Lima beans rained from the heavens,each child opened their mouth wide for a taste of decadence. The adults were all cupping their hands and grabbing every bean they could. Yes Tommy, this was a different time. A time of famine,a time of adaptation. Things were not the way they were and were they the way they are before? Of course not! With each bean came a special message,seen only by the town beauty, Anastasia. She could not read though, her beauty prevented her from an education as she was pregnant almost every 4 months. See Tommy, back then pregnancy was 4 months and each month was a chance for the growing being to become a better dancer. Dancing was what it was all about, oh yes! But more importantly the homeless had taken control of all the sewage systems. You couldn't pee without performing in those days. To pee meant to perform, hence the Lima beans. I remember doing a majestic and moving piece to a old Indian song and the homeless man guarding bowl 77 merely smirked and danced back,eyes ablaze. I couldn't outdo him Tommy, I couldn't. Scrapleg Mcgee was his name. Oh he was a rough one, a true soldier of the sun. The sun wore funny little glasses when I was a young man. Dark glasses all day, all night. He could never really see..or so I thought. One day I caught him staring at me,looking me up and down like a piece of meat. It was then I realized that the sun was not a he at all! He was just a dandelion like everything else in the sky. I laughed and shrugged, oh well so much for porridge today!

No comments:

Post a Comment